Tuesday, August 25, 2009
Sunday, March 01, 2009
1. client-server based.
2. calculate the time based on processor's clock tick for the internet users.
3. realtime cafe service as per the order by the client from his/her desk.
4. Advance Payment system for the frequent internet users (once a users is registered, he can access the cyer facilities until his balance donto cross the minimum threshold)
5. realtime bill generation.
6. daily/monthly/yearly report generation for managerial action.
7. Remote monitoring of the client machine (shutdown client, lock/unlock client etc...)
and many more.
1. the server keeps status of its all clients in the network by polling every minutes.
2. server database contains clients_PC database, Items Inventory Lists, internet users database.
3. server keeps log of every users conenction and order activities.
4. server gives alarm based on clients orders/requests.
5. client could not access internet without providing username/password.
6. registered users and guest users are treated separately to maintain the necessary information.
7. server can shutdown the remote PCs at time at the office close time.
The figure on the left shows the collecting hosts information just after running the server process. When an operator logs into the server, it starts finding out the live clients and listed its status. When any user logs into the client for the internet access, it is responded to server and listed on the same session table which has client host, status (power on/off), internet session, logged in username, type of
user(guess/registered), and time span.
It is remote control window in server side. this window lists all the live PC on the LAN. Just before closing the Cyber, the administrator shutdown all PC from server control. in addition, if any one internet users found doing fraud, admin can lock the clinet machine immediately.
The order placement window. the item list on the table shows the available items for that moment. Client must first put order adding items on his/her basket and finally order as per his/her requirements.
Hence, this software has lots of features which i cant explain in detail all about within this blog. We did our much effort to make the system user friendly and attractive too as well as bug free. It can be implemented to anywhere like not only to Cyber cafes but also to a departmental store which supplies goods where we can avoid internet billing rather we may focus on items billing.
Sunday, January 25, 2009
I just looked back to my project developed as subject project while studying BE Computer Engineering@IOE. Among the different types of programming, I like Object Oriented Programming specially JAVA due to its robustness, architectural independence, parallel processing (thread), and other properties of OOPs.
Computer Graphics, one of the interesting subjects of study. Rajendra Dev Adhikari (Currently telecom engineer), was the subject teacher encouraged us to develop project in graphics. We had to implement Gaurad shading and other necessary algorithms if possible.